28 November, 2007

Finally, a new entry!

It's been a while since Josh and I have been able to post something new, but finally it's here. The last month has been quite a whirlwind with lots of wonderful trips home and fun happenings. I've been substituting pretty much everyday and Josh has been working on three papers and a big presentation for the end of this semester--I'm not a fan of universities that make it easy all semester and then bomb you with tons of assignments. Luckily, I'll be in Utah for a week again next week. Cafe Rio and Mama Chu's here I come. I miss Mexican food, never thought I'd say that. We spent Thanksgiving with Josh's family this year-it was tons of fun especially because everyone was home. The turkey (and everything else!) was delicious-DElicious. Josh's mom and dad brined the turkey this year and it was absolutely succulent. Before Turkey, though, there was some football fun. What's Thanksgiving without football? Josh, Greg, Taylor, Ben, and Josh's dad all went to the local middle school to play some football with other men from the ward. It was really foggy and wet but luckily they were finished by the time it started raining again. Thanksgiving night was spent jamming at the Masino's house. I don't think I'll ever be as stunned as I was that night. We walked in to my Uncle Paul jamming out to Rolling Stones on the mike and the other guys playing guitar, bass, and the drums to Rock Band. Needless to say we ended up getting hooked and Josh actually got really good. He ended up being the resident front man. My personal favorite was the drums, but Netti and Bry were the best.
Earlier this month Josh and I went to the New York State Museum. It was free and we hadn't been in the city that much so we decided to make a day of it. There were a lot of cool things there but my favorite was the 9/11 exhibit. Here are some pictures we took there:

Here is a "bombed out" fire engine that responded to scene


This is some of the steel that that was bent from being so hot after the plane crashed into the twin towers.


Above is a tribute to Seneca Falls--who knew?!
This is a really neat WWII memorial outside the museum and they had all the locations of the major battles listed and we took one by Leipzig, Germany, Josh's mission.

Hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday-we hope you all have a great Christmas, too! Christmas is in 27 days!


2 comments:

Sean and Jeannette said...

Wasn't rock band the best?!?! I was soooooooo sleep deprived (more so than just with Isaac) because it was so much fun! It was so great seeing you! Can't wait 'til Balloon Ball, pictures on the steps and more rock band!!:)

JD said...

we need to put josh in the studio. i'll produce