29 July, 2008

Cleveland, HO!!!

Did you all catch the joke in the title? Instead of Cleveland, (abbreviation for state of Ohio), I put Cleveland, HO...as in westward HO, Thundercats, HO, etc. I didn't want anyone to think that I made a mistake!

Anyway, as the title states, my parents are leaving the Syracuse, NY for greener pastures in Cleveland, OH. (see, this time I did it right!) Mom is leaving tomorrow with Taylor and Ben, and Dad will follow two weeks later after he is done working at Upstate. Dad has accepted a postion with the Cleveland Clinic in the Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia.

At times I have struggled to come to grips with the fact that my parents are leaving. Fran and I have been lucky to be within a few hours of both of our families this year and the last few weeks have been sad for me. My parents moved to Tully, NY in the summer of 1990. In 1994 they began construction of our home in Jamesville/Manlius and the family has lived in that house ever since. 18 years is a long time, and I know that my parents did not think that they would have stayed that long when we made the move from California.

I know that my parents are anxious and at times concerned that the decision will end well for them. So, please keep my parents and two brothers in your thoughts and prayers as they make this transition.

Thanks,

Josh

1 comment:

caseytanner said...

I was just in Cleveland all last week for training. I didn't get out much, but I know it has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and you can see one of the great lakes from downtown. Ohh, some of the other trainees complained that there weren't that many bars around.