16 July, 2008

VACATION

Yes, the pictures are finally up even though we've been home for almost a week. I apologize the delay in getting them up and in keeping up with our blog. The last little while was really crazy with graduation, a wedding, finishing teaching, vacation, moving back home, and more vacation...not to mention birthdays and more birthdays:)

Josh and I went to California right after I was done grading at school. We left on Tuesday from Philadelphia (spending a few hours in the city) and flew to San Francisco where the fun began. While in San Francisco we saw Fisherman's Wharf, I bought a cheesy San Francisco fleece because I underestimated how cold it would be, we listened to a Time Share pitch just to get over-priced tickets (tours and the such) for free, and saw the city from a double-decker bus. It was a whirlwind day and a half but it was a lot of fun. We'd like to go back sometime with more time.

From San Francisco we drove through Muir Woods and on to Lodi to see Great-grandma Hauser. It was an enlightening experience as she is quite the honest person...in every way possible. From Lodi we drove down CA through Yosemite National Park (the long way through) and it was some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen in my life. I actually wrote for the first time in a long time while driving through the park. Once we got through Yosemite we drove down to Big Bear Lake and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Beal. We watched the best fireworks we've seen in a long time.

From there it was on to LA and the beaches and good food. We found the best beach called La Piedra beach near Malibu. It was fun because there wasn't a lot of people there (it was a little difficult to get to). We visited Josh's old house in Pasadena, went to little Tokyo and had good (real) Japanese food, went to the LA Science Center, and finished it off with a Dodger's game.

Once in Anaheim, we went to Disneyland all day. It was a lot of fun considering the last time I went I was three and I got lost in line at Space Mountain. After spending the day at the happiest place on earth, I was able to have dinner with a friend from college I haven't seen in years. All in all, it was a BUSY but wonderful trip. We needed it and hopefully it will last us for a long time.

After we got home from California, we went on a quick trip to Boston with Josh's family to watch a Red Sox game, eat delicious Gelato, walk around Quincy Market, go to the Boston Aquarium, see an IMAX film, and eat cannoli from Mike's Pastry Shop...yum yum! We hope all of our friends and family are well and will forgive us for being bad bloggers:) We'll try to do better:) Enjoy the slideshow of vacation pictures!

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Wow! That does sound super busy but like lots of fun!

Jenna said...

I wish we had known you were in Northern CA. We could have met up somewhere :( Maybe next time.

Adele said...

Fran!! Its Adele Aston (formerly Leavitt!) Hey! How are you? I emailed you a couple months ago but never heard from you- You guys sound so busy!! What a fun trip you went on! Reading about it makes me wish I could go home right now!! I miss CA so badly living in Idaho... Oh well! Love to hear from you- my blog is: astonfam.blogspot.com

Kerstin Miller said...

When were you in Orange County?? We would have liked to see you too! Ryan and I were at Lake Powell all last week, but have been living with my parents since June. Sounds like you had fun, call us next time and we'll get together!