14 July, 2008

Everything else...

Josh and I have been doing a lot lately (contrary to our normal schedule) and this is the blog to catch you all up. It starts off with my sister Olivia's graduation and graduation weekend. This also involved my AP English class' year-end presentation and a gathering of the Masino clan. Below is an array of pictures from this time period (June 20-28-ish)...
Above is my AP English class the day before the presentation...they did a wonderful job

My classroom workspace after I rearranged the room...it was usually much messier than this :)

The whole clan (minus our better halves) after Livy's graduation.
In order - Bry, Jessy, Jeannette, Livy, me, Veronica


Livy and the boys - LR - Josh, Livy, Dad, Kelly, Bry

Livy and Me - Sisters and Student/Teacher

Graduation weekend - Michael and Josh painting a train together

The cutest little 14 1/2 month old boy in the world, Isaac...with food on his forehead (strategically placed there by Josh)

Four of my grandfather's brother (missing is his brother Mike and sister Luiselle)
LR - Uncle Tony, Uncle Armando, Uncle Mario, and Uncle Fiore

The above picture and the following pictures were taken at my cousin's wedding. Weddings are a great thing in my family because they're like a family reunion. Since my grandfather died (the oldest of all the Scialdone children) family gatherings have been minimal. He was the glue that held everyone together. This wedding, though, was the first time we've seen this many brothers together in one room. It was great because each brother reminds me of my grandfather in some way or another. They all have the same thick hands that have worked years in delicious backyard gardens (only the kind Italian men can grow), the same storytelling eyes and hands, and the same smirk. It was a gift to be able to see all that again.

Wives and cousins included:)

Top Row (LR): Dad, Veronica, Josh, me, Kelly, Jessy, Sean
Bottom Row (LR): Mom, Uncle Paul, Aunt Marylou, Jeannette

Josh and me


After a little storytelling


No comments: