02 September, 2007

Back in NY


We moved back to New York a few weeks ago! It's good to be back, but it has taken a little while to get used to humidity again. We got too used to the dry Utah summers.

I started my masters in public health program on Tuesday at the University at Albany and Fran is still doing research for her office at BYU while she continues to look for a full-time teaching job.


The drive across country was rather uneventful. We stopped at Cedar Point Amusement Park to celebrate our one-year anniversary. It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year since we got married. It seems like so much has happened. We feel really good about this move and know that it was for the best. We are a lot closer to family and even to some of our friends still. Boston, Providence and DC aren't that far away. It's too bad we had to miss Rye and Kerstin's bundle of poop and joy come into the world. We were hoping that we could have been there to say hi.



I have to say that yesterday was kind of a sad day for me. I really miss going to the BYU football games and with the durn .mtn network, it makes it really hard to watch them here on the east coast. At least we avenged the loss to Arizona last year and I could listen to it on the radio via ksl.com.





Our new apartment is on the outskirts of greater Albany in a town called East Greenbush. Most of my classes are held at SUNY Albany's East Campus which is only a few miles down the road and I'll be in labs at the Wadsworth Center in the State Capitol Plaza as well as Albany Med and some other institutes. It's not medical school, but it will be good preparation for it. Hopefully I get in this time around.

Anyway, we miss our friends in utah and especially my sisters Caitlin and Jessica who are both out there now. Cheer hard for the Cougars.
Fully Invested.

No comments: